Every single dog brought into the Kreissler Kennels breeding program has undergone DNA screening, either through an Embark or Wisdom DNA panel.
Every dog has been carefully screened for Dry Eye, Curly Coat, Episodic Falling Syndrome and DM Affliction.
We happily share our DNA testing results with potential customers who would like more information on the health of our breeding dogs.
Most of our dogs are single gene DM CARRIERS only and at no risk for developing the affliction.
Per the Veterinary Genetics Lab “The disease is inherited in an autosomal recessive fashion with incomplete penetrance and is caused by a mutation (c.118G>A) in the gene SOD1. Thus, two copies of the SOD1 mutation (DM/DM) confer increased risk for DM but not all DM/DM dogs across breeds will develop the disease. The variable presentation between breeds suggests that other genetic and environmental factors play a role in disease expression. There is ongoing research to identify other genetic factors that modify risk for DM in different breeds. In addition, similar disease presentation is observed in some animals lacking the SOD1 mutation.”
We do our absolute best to breed healthy and happy puppies. Beyond the genetic testing, we also will have each dog undergo OFA certification on their EYES, HEARTS and HIPS.
Eyes: typically done after 8 weeks
Heart: typically done after 12mo
Hips: typically done after 24mo
Scheduling these types of certifications for the 15 dogs in our program is incredibly costly and using clinics provided by the AKC is the most effective way (time, energy and expense) to have them done.
Please be patient as these tests are run. We buy from OFA parents so our pups are clear generationally but we work hard to do our own testing as well.
As these results are generated, they will be posted here and provided to those who request them.
All of our dogs are now old enough to have various OFA certifications performed. Scheduled 8/14.
1) Both the sire and dam have been (At the minimum!) DNA screened for genetic illnesses and vet checked regularly.
2) The puppy will be vet checked, hygienic, and deemed in good health by our vet within 7 days of sale.
3) The puppy will be up to date on shots and worming at the time of pick-up of the puppy.
a) It is very important that you continue the vaccinations and worming. Please do not expose your puppy to other dogs that are not vaccinated until he/she has completed the entire vaccination schedule - around 16-20 weeks old. Lack of vet care and vaccinations will VOID your guarantee.
4) The buyer, at their own expense, should have the puppy examined by a Licensed Vet within 7 day of receiving the puppy. Documentation must be sent to the breeder within 7 days in order for the Health Guarantee to be honored. THIS IS STATE LAW! The breeder is not responsible for any vet costs incurred after the sale if they are not screened as outlined above. ****
a. If within 7 days, a Licensed Vet finds the puppy to be unhealthy or unfit for sale, the puppy may be returned for a full refund - provided the puppy has not been injured or neglected. The buyers veterinarian must provide a written statement deeming the puppy “unhealthy for purchase.”
b. This guarantee does not include minor illnesses and health issues such as colds, allergies, internal or external parasites such as Coccidia or Giardia, or hookworms. These are all very common in puppies as they have weak immune systems…and are easily treated with inexpensive medication. They are fecal tested at their 6 & 8 week appointments and cleared prior to going home. These results are stated on the dated health screening and Florida Health Certificate. We will not allow infected puppies to leave our premises.
5) The breeder assumes no responsibility for any medical expenses for injury or neglect caused after the sale. ****If the puppy is found to be neglected or abused, we reserve the right to seize it and find a safe environment for it.
6) Buyer will receive an informational packet on how to train their new puppy. The breeder assumes no responsibility for training difficulties or behavior problems. They are heavily socialized, hand-raised with care, and started on crate training prior to going home. You will receive a training guide with our feeding schedule, crate/house training protocols when you take your puppy home.
7) The breeder does not guarantee size. We will give the buyer the weight of the puppy’s parents and the weight of other puppies out of that mating. We can give the buyer an educated guess as to full grown weight, but there are too many variables besides genetics.
8) The breeder does not guarantee fertility or ability to place in shows. Our puppies are strictly sold as a TOP QUALIY PET. By signing this document, you agree that this pet WILL NOT BE BRED. UNLESS FULL RIGHTS HAVE BEEN PURCHASED, the puppy MUST be spayed or neutered within a reasonable timeframe. Any unauthorized breeding of this dog will result in legal action. We are protective of our dogs and do not take risks with their health or safely. Breeding requires extensive education, experience and medical testing.
9) The breeder is not responsible for puppies which develop Hypoglycemia after the puppy is in the new owner’s possession. The buyer will receive information on what to do if this occur, as well as a syringe of high calorie paste to prevent it.
10) The breeder gives a one-year health guarantee against any congenital defects of the puppy. If this should occur: 1) the puppy can be returned to the breeder, and the buyer will receive another puppy of the same breed when there is one available OR 2) We cover up to 1/4 of the puppy’s purchase price in vet bill reimbursement. NOT BOTH.
Copyright © 2023 Wonderland Cavaliers & Kreissler Kennels - All Rights Reserved.
Powered by GoDaddy Website Builder