INTRODUCING: OUR GUARDIAN FAMILY PROGRAM
At KREISSLER KENNELS we believe that every dog deserves to have a loving, forever home.
All of our dogs are part of our family and live in our home rather than kennels. They are pets first and we have to know they are getting as much attention as possible.
Because of this, we have decided to offer a Guardian Home Program. A Guardian Home is a permanent home for one of our breeding males.
Becoming a Guardian Home gives you the opportunity to have one of our top notch, "Pick of the Litter" puppies as a family pet.
Because our typical breeding dogs run $3500-$7500 with their DNA testing, OFA certifications and breeding exams, they present a significant investment to our business.
It takes a significant amount of trust to release one of our dogs to another family outside of our supervision. As such...these dogs are not granted to guardian families free of cost, and do require a payment as collateral. Rather than buying this puppy at our usual prices, you will be paying a reduced price, usually 1/2 of our cost.
While you get the joy of having our amazing dog as a pet, Kreissler Kennels will retain ALL breeding rights. Once retired, he/she will be neutered/spayed at our expense and returned back to you (up to the age of 6 for males)
As a Guardian Home you will be required to pay for the everyday expenses of owning a dog including:
* vaccines, regular office visits
*Safe housing with a fenced yard
*any emergency vet expenses such as sicknesses, injuries, or emergencies
***We will pay for all breeding related costs including health testing, annual exams***
Becoming a Guardian Home is not for everyone. You MUST be willing and able to follow these strict requirements in order to qualify:
1. Have previous experience with dogs.
2. You must live within 2 hours of Spring Hill, FL for ease of access to the dog as needed for breeding or for us to be able to do wellness checks on the dog.
3. Be willing to teach basic commands such as sit, stay, lay-down, and leave it--As well as maintain housetraining/Puppy pad training.
4. He must be an indoor pet and never left unattended outside.
5. Feed a premium, quality food.
6. All other dogs in the home MUST be fixed if they are the opposite sex over 6 months.
7. Provide regular exercise.
8. Willing to let us, the breeder, visit your home to check on and visit with the dog for welfare checks 1-2 times annually.
9. Contact Breeder immediately in the event of a serious illness or accident.
10. Send a copy of all vet visits to Breeder.
11. Must not allow he/she to mate with any unapproved dogs. (A stud fee will be assessed should this happen!)
12. Provide quality veterinary care when needed.
13. If you are a guardian for a male dog, you must be willing to drop him off for 3-5 days for breeding--unless arrangements are made ahead of time for us to pick up, or to meet halfway.
14. Be able to communicate with us about scheduling testing, mating, and anything else breeding related.
15. Understand that if our dog dies in your care due to injury, negligence, poisoning, abuse or any cause beyond a congenital birth defect, you will be responsible for reimbursing us the FULL purchase price of the dog.
If you are interested in becoming a Guardian Home for one of our cavaliers, message me for an application.
We invest THOUSANDS into our dogs ANNUALLY and want to make sure our dogs are well taken care of. We do reserve the right to cancel our guardianship program at anytime if we deem necessary for the health and safety of the dog.
The Guardian Process is new and will take time to find ideal homes. The application process does require a home visit, vet references, personal references, and could even require a background check. All contracts that you sign regarding being a guardian home will be legally binding and notarized for legality.
Copyright © 2023 Wonderland Cavaliers & Kreissler Kennels - All Rights Reserved.
Powered by GoDaddy Website Builder